Monday, November 17, 2008
so, i've had a little company today!
at work:
we were happily helping missionaries when a pretty decent sized spider scurried across the floor. it was super dark black. i killed it, examined it, and sure enough it was red on the belly. i usually don't mind spiders..but black widows are a different story! i felt itchy all day. everytime i took a package off the shelf i was paranoid that a spider would fall out. ick!
at home:
tonight i put a pot of water on the stove to boil. after a couple of minutes something started to smell funny. i looked on the burner--sure enough, some food from a previous night's cooking had spilled down. so i switched burners, with the intent to clean it out once it had cooled down. after dinner i got a wet paper towel to clean off the now burnt food. it looked like a thick piece of spaghetti. hmm...we haven't had spaghetti lately. i looked a little closer. it had antennas. it was one of those little millipedes! fried to a crisp. gross.
we live in a basement apartment, so we are getting used to bugs. but as soon as something ends up on my stove and i start cooking it, that is just way, way too much for me.
the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ahhhh, that gives me the creeps!!!
oooh, rough day! It makes me feel itchy all over just thinking about it!
ohh gross. I don't mind bugs as long as they stay outside...
As a cozy basement apartment dweller I share your distress. Feel lucky that Utah is dry, which means an absence of Rhaphidophoridae . . . go ahead, google it. *shudder*
yikes! that give me the "heeby geebies." luck with that!
ohhh...I hate bugs too! yuck. Anyway, I am trying to get that recipe but I can't promise I will get it. Sorry!
Eeeeeeeek. I HATE BUGS. I don't think I ever slept at girls camp, because I was so paranoid that a bug would crawl on me in my sleep. Yep bugs suck.
Post a Comment