
This time of year my mind is always flooded with fond memories of Kirtland. On March 18 my thoughts turn to the organization of the First Presidency, and the beautiful account of the Savior given by John Murdock. I'll always cherish the beautiful spirit that exists in the school of the prophets.
March 23 was the day my parents picked me up. Now that day is even more special because it's austin's birthday. :)
March 27 -- the beautiful dedication of the Kirtland Temple
I am so grateful for the sacrifice and dedication of the early saints. They left their homes and followed the call to gather to "the Ohio". Once there, they sacrificed everything in order to build the House of the Lord. Because of their obedience, they were endowed with power from on high as precious priesthood keys were restored on April 3.
I am so grateful for the sacrifice and dedication of the early saints. They left their homes and followed the call to gather to "the Ohio". Once there, they sacrificed everything in order to build the House of the Lord. Because of their obedience, they were endowed with power from on high as precious priesthood keys were restored on April 3.

How grateful I am to live at a time when priesthood keys and ordinances have been restored. Because of that restoration, I am blessed be married to this wonderful guy for all eternity.

Yes, it's true. I will always remember Kirtland with fondness.
Now, my next thought is . . . when do we get to go back there for a visit?! :)
Now, my next thought is . . . when do we get to go back there for a visit?! :)

5 comments:
I love the pictures! What a cool mission you must have had! I could love to visit Kirtland... maybe one day.
Nice photos. Nice comments. Kirtland is one place I haven't visited yet. Only now starting to appreciate the power and impact of the Church experiences there.
Laura - You must come out here and take me to Kirtland. I still haven't been and would love a grand tour from an expert.
Here's the deal - you come out here and I will drive us out there :) Deal? You can bring Austin too.
I've been reading the work & the glory lately and enjoying the church history that took place there.
Lets go! I am totally up for it! haha. Anyways, really just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you on your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Yes Laura, we would LOVE to go with you to Kirtland! That needs to be a family goal! We are so glad you had those personal experiences there that have helped your testimony become even stronger. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Post a Comment