
we don't watch tv much, but when we do, these are pretty much our "go-to" channels.
we like watching game shows. yes, we do know they are re-runs that happened at least two or three years ago. sometimes more. our favorite used to be a show called "lingo" where two teams compete by guessing five-letter-word puzzles. you wouldn't believe some of the non-words people come up with under pressure. our new favorite is "deal or no deal" because we enjoy seeing people channel their inner compulsive gambler and almost always leave with less money than they could have had if they would have been happy with just $100,000.
occasionally we watch the food network. not as much as we used to, but sometimes. we like "iron chef" but only if they're not using something really gross as the "secret ingredient." some of the other shows are fun too, especially ones where they feature obscure restaurants that are somehow world famous for their chili cheese fries or something.
another channel we frequent is hgtv. we like watching their "property virgins" and "first time buyers" shows. it's interesting to see different styles of houses, different tastes in appointments, and different price ranges across the country (we've decided we're moving to texas).
sometimes we will watch tlc. the show "what not to wear" is fun, although somehow not quite as charming as it was a few years ago. we would occasionally watch a few minutes of "jon & kate plus 8" back when it wasn't a sad, selfish trainwreck.
so anyway, you're probably wondering about the brilliant idea.
it is this: we need to get onto a game show and win tons of money so that we can cook yummy food, buy a really cool house, and get some cool clothes! isn't that a great plan? it's like living our tv dreams in real life. great idea, yes? we'll pass on sextuplets though. one at a time is the plan. (and don't read into that just yet.)
plus... we get 100 points for two posts in one week! wow!
2 comments:
ha ha. Yay for a post! You've kept me waiting too long :(
Good show choices. I like your plan - it's foolproof :)
I somehow managed to get Tyrel slightly addicted to the hgtv home buyer shows back at BYU. He was the one begging to stay up to watch one more. ha ha. good times. He's full of tricks - never thought I'd see the day.
How many points do I get for replying back twice, or maybe more in one week? It has seriously been a month since I have had time to even look at blogs! I need a vacation...oh yea, I get one this week! Wish we were all independently wealthy and that I could take you with me to NJ.
Post a Comment