
so i got a new toy a few weeks ago. it looks kind of like a droid from star wars or a piece of equipment from the space shuttle, but it's actually a microphone. it's called the snowball, made by a microphone company called blue. the neat thing about this microphone is that it plugs directly into the computer via usb. it makes for a very easy setup for recording songs at home.
last week i gave the new microphone a test drive by recording some songs for laura as a valentine's present -- covers of a few songs that i knew she liked. and... they actually turned out really great and laura loved them. this means that the microphone has already paid itself off and any of my own music in the future is just icing on the cake.
speaking of valentines and cakes, laura made the most amazing cheesecake ever for me (or for us... i shared) for a valentine's present. wow. white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. it was pretty much perfect. she could have charged me $8 a slice and i'd still be giving it the same five star reviews.
oh, and hi, my name is austin. i'm usually the one who types these posts up from both of us but today this one is just from me. :)
8 comments:
That is a weird looking mic - you really do need to send me a few cd's of your stuff. I only have 2 or 3 of your songs! I've asked and I will ask again :)
Did you take a pic of Laura's masterpiece? Good work Laura!
(so i just wrote a message on your blog - and then apparently it disappeared and now I am wondering if I left some random message on someone else's blog!! Oops - that's awkward!)
What I wrote: I need more of your music austin. I only have 2 of your songs. Please finally send me some :) :)
And - did you take a pic of Laura's cheesecake masterpiece? Good work Laura! I'm impressed. You've got a happy man!
I'm dumb. just saw that you have to approve of my messages. . . lame-o! Sorry :)
Yep, we heard the CD and the mike is really cool. You can tell it sounds more professional...hope Scott made a copy!
We second the vote of approval on the cheesecake...Laura just started a new family tradition...the one where SHE gets to bake cheesecake once a year!!! (and Austin shares :)
Gee, I thought from the post title that the machine made and hurled snowballs - I wanted to take it outside next snowstorm and see it in action.
Oh, and I just wanted to say "that's a weird mike ... send me some CDs ... my message disappeared ... I need more of your music ... do you have a picture of Laura's masterpiece cheesecake ... good work, Laura ... :) :) :) " ... some things need to be said more than just once.
WORD VERIFICATION: boids
MEANING/USE - The boils created on one's body resulting from prolonged steroid use. "Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez are covered with dozens of nasty boids."
But does the microphone change your voice to Darth Vader? Then -- and only then -- will the mic be totally worth it.
Ths may tax my computer ability, but I'll try and hope. The cheese cake made my mouth water and want to go looking through recipe books to make one. John will be asking you about your snowball. It looked exciting to him.
Like John, I am also interested in this little mic. I've wanted to buy a mic for a long time, but never really took much iniative to research it. How have you liked this? Do you use a seperate program to make the "songs" for a CD? I wanted to record for a long time, and this mic looks like it might be perfect. Just let me know how it's worked for you.
Post a Comment